OSS provides storage classes: Standard, Infrequent Access (IA), Archive, and Cold Archive. Each storage class differs in the access frequency and billing. You can select a suitable storage class. This topic describes how to modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console.
- When you modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console, the object size cannot exceed 1 GB. We recommend that you use ossutil to modify the storage classes of objects that are larger than 1 GB.
- You can modify the storage class of an Archive or Cold Archive object only after the object is restored. For more information, see Restore objects.
- When you modify the storage class of an object, the original object is replaced with a new object that has the selected storage class. Therefore, if the modified objects are of the IA, Archive, or Cold Archive storage class and stored for less than the minimum storage duration, you are charged for the mininum storage duration, including the remaining duration. For more information, see Storage fees.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- Choose Files.
- Choose More > Modify Storage Class.
- Select the storage class that you want to covert to, and click OK.We recommend that you turn on Retain User Metadata to retain the user metadata of an object after you modify the storage class.