OSS provides the following storage class: Standard, Infrequent Access (IA), Archive, and Cold Archive. Each storage class differs in the access frequency and billing. You can select a suitable storage class. This topic describes how to modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console.
- When you modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console, the object size cannot exceed 1 GB. We recommend that you use ossutil to modify the storage classes of objects that are larger than 1 GB.
- You can modify the storage class of an Archive or Cold Archive object only after the object is restored. For more information, see Restore objects.
- When you modify the storage class of an object, the original object is replaced with a new object that has the selected storage class. Therefore, if the modified objects are of the IA, Archive, or Cold Archive storage class and stored for less than the minimum storage duration, you are charged for the minimum storage duration, including the remaining duration. For more information, see Storage fees.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Files.
- Move the pointer over More in the Actions column corresponding to the object for which you want to modify the storage class and select Modify Storage Class from the drop-down list.
- Select the storage class to which you want to convert, and click OK.We recommend that you keep Retain User Metadata enabled to retain the user metadata of the object after you modify the storage class.