OSS provides the following storage classes: Standard, Infrequent Access (IA), Cold Archive, and Archive. Each storage class has different access modes, billing items, and methods. You can select a storage class as needed. This topic describes how to modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console.
- When you modify the storage class of an object in the OSS console, the object size cannot exceed 5 GB. We recommend that you use ossutil to modify the storage class of objects that are larger than 5 GB.
- You can modify the storage class of an Archive or Cold Archive object only after the object is restored. For more information, see Restore an Archive object.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- Click the Files tab.
- Move the pointer over More in the Actions column corresponding to the object and select Modify Storage Class from the drop-down list.
- Select the storage class that you want to covert to, and click OK.
Notice When you modify the storage class of an object, the original object is replaced with a new object that has the selected storage class. Therefore, early deletion fees are incurred if the modified objects are of the IA, Cold Archive, or Archive storage class and are stored for less than a specified number of days. For more information, see Billing items and methods.