This topic describes the scenarios where the DCDN business type of Alibaba Cloud CDN is used to achieve whole site acceleration. Your websites or applications may experience slow response time or packet loss, which may be caused by issues such as a combination of dynamic and static content, cross-network provider operations, network instability, dependence on single-line communications with origins, traffic spikes, and network congestion. In such a case, you can use Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) to enhance network performance and user experience.
By default, DCDN accelerates content delivery by requesting static and dynamic content from their origins through optimal routes. You can specify static content types or paths so that the system can automatically distinguish between dynamic and static content. As a result, static content is cached on edge nodes and dynamic content is distributed through acceleration technologies. This expedites the overall content delivery at full speeds.
DCDN integrates dynamic acceleration and static acceleration. It has become an independent Alibaba Cloud product, which is widely used for e-commerce, social networking, government, enterprise, gaming, and finance platforms.
DCDN is suitable for accelerating the delivery of dynamic content on websites or applications. It provides core technologies to improve the access speed of sites that host both static and dynamic content. These technologies include separation of dynamic and static content, intelligent caching, routing optimization, and transmission optimization. With these technologies, you can enjoy a fast, reliable, and smooth experience regardless of your browser, location, device, or network conditions. With the elastic capacity expansion feature of DCDN, you can enjoy a high-quality network experience in all locations without adding any infrastructure.
- Diverse and complex dynamic content lowers page loading speeds.
- Issues such as the dependence on single-line communications with origins, traffic spikes, and network congestion cause page loading latency and content distribution failures.
- Traditional communications protocols cannot ensure gaming users' access to highly concurrent dynamic content with low latency while maintaining stable network performance.
- When network traffic spikes, load imbalance causes pressure on the origin.
- Content is susceptible to hijacking and unauthorized changes. Therefore, service providers require network links and content distribution mechanisms that are more secure and efficient than HTTP.
Required Alibaba Cloud features
- Separate acceleration of dynamic and static content: Dynamic content is accelerated by using intelligent routing, transmission protocol optimization, and link multiplexing. Static content is cached on edge nodes to increase the overall resource loading speed.
- Real-time detection and smooth internetworking: Process heavy traffic loads and also ensure round-the-clock network availability.
- Load balancing for back-to-origin traffic, primary/secondary switchover for multiple origins, connection multiplexing, and ordered back-to-origin processes: Reduce pressure and fault risks on origins.
- End-to-end HTTPS secure acceleration, hotlink protection, and IP-based throttling: Secure origins.
- Rule customization, data monitoring, and alerting: You can define dynamic or static acceleration rules and caching rules, monitor data, and receive alerts in case of exceptions.
Before adding an accelerated domain name in the CDN console and selecting a service type, you need to learn about the application scenarios of different service types. For more information about specific operations, see Add a domain.