After you process the rpt_user_trace_log table, you can create a dashboard in Quick BI to display the profiles of website users. This visualizes the data in the rpt_user_trace_log table.
The rpt_user_trace_log table contains fields such as country, province, city, device_brand, use_time, and pv. You can create a dashboard to display core metrics, periodic changes, regional distribution, and records of users.
- In the Quick BI console, click Default Workspace to go to the default workspace. You can also click Personal Workspace to go to your personal workspace.
- Create a MaxCompute data source.
- On the Workspace page, click Data Sources in the left-side navigation pane. The Data Sources page appears.
- Click Create Data Source in the upper-right corner. In the dialog box that appears, click the tab and click MaxCompute.
- In the Add MaxCompute Database dialog box that appears, set the parameters for connecting to the data source.
- Name: the name of the data source.
- Database Address: the endpoint of the data source. You can use the default endpoint.
Note The endpoint of the data source varies with the region where the data source resides. For more information, see Configure endpoints.
- Project Name: the name of the MaxCompute project.
- AccessKey ID: the AccessKey ID of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- AccessKey Secret: the AccessKey secret of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click Test Connection to test the connectivity to the data source.
Note If the data source passes the connectivity test, a message appears and indicates that the connection is successful.
- Click OK. The data source is created.
After the data source is created, the Data Sources page appears. All tables contained in the data source are listed in the right section.
- On the Data Sources page, find the rpt_user_trace_log table and click the Create Dataset icon in the Actions column.
In the Create Dataset dialog box that appears, set Name and Save To and click OK. In this example, set Name to rpt.
- Click Datasets in the left-side navigation pane. On the Datasets page that appears, find the created dataset and click the dataset name or the Edit
icon in the Actions column. The editing page of the dataset appears.
You can perform the following operations on the dataset: change dimensions and measures, change dimension types of fields, add calculated fields, create hierarchies, change data types of fields, modify aggregate modes of measures, and create association models. For more information, see Overview of dataset management.
- Change dimension types and create hierarchies for relevant fields.
- Change the dimension type of the dt field.
Right-click dt in the left-side navigation pane and choose .
- Change the dimension types of fields that specify geographic information.
- Right-click province in the left-side navigation pane and choose .
- Right-click city in the left-side navigation pane and choose . After you change the dimension types of the province and city fields, a location icon appears before the fields in the left-side navigation pane.
- Create a hierarchy.
- Right-click province in the left-side navigation pane and select Create Hierarchy. In the Create Hierarchy dialog box that appears, click OK.
- Move the city field and place it under the province field in the created hierarchy.
- Click Save and return to the Datasets page.
- Change the dimension type of the dt field.
- Create a dashboard.
You can create a dashboard to display the latest data as the data changes.
- On the Datasets page, find the rpt dataset, and click the Create Dashboard icon in the Actions column. On the page that appears, select Standard. The dashboard editing page appears.
- Create two kanbans. Drag the Kanban icon at the top to the canvas twice.
- Kanban 1: On the Data tab, select the rpt dataset from the drop-down list at the top and drag pv to the Indicators / Measures section. The rpt_user_trace_log table is a partitioned table. You must select a dimension under dt, such as dt(year), drag it to the Filters section, click the Filter icon next to the dimension, and then specify a time period in the Set Filter dialog box. In this example, the specified time period is 2019 to 2019. Then, click Update at the bottom of the Data tab.
- Kanban 2: On the Data tab, select the rpt dataset from the drop-down list at the top and drag uv to the Indicators / Measures section. Complete other operations in the same way as configuring Kanban 1. Click Update at the bottom of the Data tab. You can set the display name of the kanbans on the Style tab.
- Create a trend chart. Drag the Line Chart icon at the top to the canvas.
Set parameters on the Data tab and click Update.
- Value Axis (Mea.): Drag pv and uv to this section.
- Category Axis (Dim.): Drag dt(day) to this section.
- Filters: Drag dt(year) to this section.
- Create a geo map. Click the Color map icon at the top. On the Data tab, select the rpt dataset from the drop-down list at the top. Drag province to the Geo Location (Dim.) section and pv to the Colorscale (Mea.) section. Click Update at the bottom of the Data tab.
- Click Save and Preview in the upper-right corner in sequence to view the created dashboard.