ApsaraDB for Redis allows you to set the frequency to collect monitoring data, that is, the monitoring frequency, in the console.
You can set the monitoring frequency to 5 seconds/time or 60 seconds/time, which indicates that ApsaraDB for Redis collects monitoring data every 5 seconds or 60 seconds. The default monitoring frequency is 60 seconds/time, which can meet the regular monitoring requirements. If you need to observe some metrics with high frequency and low latency, you can perform the operations as described in the following section to change the monitoring frequency to 5 seconds/time. Monitoring data does not occupy instance storage space, and collection of monitoring data does not affect normal running of the instance.
For more information about the relationship between the monitoring frequency and monitoring data, see the collection methods of metrics in Understand metrics.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the target instance ID or Manage in the Action column for the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Performance Monitor.
- On the Historical Monitoring Data page, click Monitoring Frequency.
- In the Monitoring Frequency dialog box that appears, select the monitoring frequency and click OK.