If you have completed Cross-region backup, you can restore data from the backup file to a new instance in the region where the original instance is located or the region where the cross-region backup file is stored.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for RDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cross-region Backup.
- Find the instance and click its ID.
- On the Database Backup tab, find the target backup set and click Restore in the corresponding Actions column.
- On the Restore Database page, select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go and configure the following parameters:
Parameter Description Restore Mode
- By Backup Set: Restore the data of the backup set to a new instance.
- By Time: It can be set to any time point within the log backup retention period. All the data before this time point is restored to the new instance.
Backup Set When Restore Mode is set to By Backup Set, select the backup set that you want to restore. Restore Point When Restore Mode is set to By Time, select the time point to restore data.Note Local and cross-region logs can be restored to the specified time point. Region Select a region for the new instance. You can only restore data to the new instance in the region where the original instance is located or the region where the backup file is located. Zone Zones are independent physical areas located within a region. There are no differences between the zones. You can choose to create an RDS instance with an ECS instance in the same zone or in different zones. Type Each instance type supports a specific number of CPU cores, memory, maximum number of connections, and maximum IOPS. For more information, see Instance type list. Capacity The storage space of the instance, including the space for data, system files, binlog files, and transaction files. Network Type
- Classic Network: traditional network type.
- VPC (recommended): Virtual Private Cloud. A VPC is an isolated virtual network with higher security and performance than a classic network. You must select a VPC and a VSwitch in the VPC.
- Specify Duration (only applicable to subscription instances) and Quantity, and click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, select the checkbox to agree the terms of service and complete the payment as prompted.
In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the instance is located to view the instance you just created.
After the instance is created, you must configure a whitelist and create an account. If you are connecting through the external network, you must apply for a public IP address. You can then connect to the instance.