This topic describes the limits that apply to Server Migration Center (SMC).
- The following table lists the limits on the number of migration sources and tasks.
Item Limit Adjustable Number of migration sources that can be registered 100 Submit a ticket. Number of migration tasks that can be created 100 Submit a ticket. Number of migration tasks that can be concurrently executed 20 Submit a ticket.
- You can create only one migration task for each source server. If the migration task of a source server is unfinished, you cannot create a new migration task for the source server. A migration task is regarded as unfinished if it is in the Ready, Running, Stopped, InError, or Expired state.
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is created for each intermediate instance. Each Alibaba Cloud account can have a maximum of 10 VPCs in a region, including your own VPCs and the VPCs created for the intermediate instances. To raise the VPC quota, submit a ticket.
- You must use Grand Unified Bootloader (GRUB) V1.99 or later for migration sources
that run the Linux operating system. For more information, see Install GRUB in a Linux server.
Note You must use GRUB V2.02 or later for earlier versions of operating systems such as CentOS 5, Red Hat 5, Debian 7, Amazon Linux, and Oracle Linux.
- The SMC client is supported by the following operating systems.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- CentOS 5/6/7/8
- Red Hat 5/6/7/8
- Ubuntu 10/12/14/16/17/18/19/20
- Debian 7/8/9
- OpenSUSE 13/42/15
- SUSE 11/12/15
- Gentoo 13.0
- Alibaba Cloud Linux
- Oracle Linux 5/6/7/8
- Amazon Linux 2014 and later