SMC has the following limits.
- The following table lists the limits for the number of migration sources and tasks.
Item Limit Exception application (increase limit) Number of registrable migration sources 100 Submit a ticket Number of migration tasks that can be created 100 Submit a ticket Number of migration tasks that can be executed concurrently 20 Submit a ticket
- Each migration source can only be associated with a single unfinished migration task. Unfinished states include Ready, Running, Stopped, InError, and Expired.
- Each intermediate instance creates a VPC. Each Alibaba Cloud account can have a maximum of 10 VPCs in a region, including your own VPCs and the VPCs created by intermediate instances. To raise the VPC quota, submit a ticket.
- You must use Grand Unified Bootloader (GRUB) V1.99 or later for migration sources
running the Linux operating system. For more information about how to install GRUB,
see Install GRUB v1.99 in a Linux server.
- You must use GRUB V1.99 or later for earlier versions of operating systems such as CentOS 5, Red Hat 5, and Debian 7.
- You must use GRUB V2.02 or later for some operating systems such as Amazon Linux.
- The SMC client applies to the following operating systems.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Amazon Linux 2014 and later
- CentOS 5/6/7
- Debian 7/8/9
- Gentoo 13.0
- OpenSUSE 13.1
- Oracle Linux 5/6/7
- Red Hat 5/6/7
- SUSE 11.4/12.1/12.2
- Ubuntu 10/12/14/16/17