This topic describes how to associate an elastic IP address (EIP) with a Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance. After you associate an EIP with an SLB instance, the SLB instance can forward requests from the Internet.
- Log on to the Elastic IP Address console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the EIP is deployed.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the EIP that you want to manage, and click Bind Resource in the Actions column.
- In the Bind Elastic IP Address to Resources dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Instance Type Select SLB Instance. Select an instance to bind Select the SLB instance to be associated with the EIP.Make sure that the following requirements are met:
Note If you associate the EIP with an internal-facing SLB instance and the SLB instance has traffic of private network workloads, transient connections may occur. We recommend that you perform the association during off-peak hours or switch the workloads to another SLB instance.
- The SLB instance is deployed in a virtual private cloud (VPC).
- The SLB instance and EIP belong to the same region.
- Each SLB instance can be associated with only one EIP.