This topic describes how to associate an elastic IP address (EIP) with a Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance. After you associate an EIP with an SLB instance, the SLB instance can distribute requests from the Internet.
- Log on to the EIP console.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your EIP is created.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the EIP that you want to manage, and click Bind Resource in the Actions column.
- In the Bind Elastic IP Address to Resources dialog box, set the following parameters, and click OK.
Parameter Description Instance Type Select SLB Instance. Select an instance to bind Select the SLB instance to be associated with the EIP.When you select an SLB instance, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- The SLB instance must be deployed in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network.
- The SLB instance and the EIP must be deployed in the same region.
- Each SLB instance can be associated with only one EIP.