This topic describes how to release an Elastic IP Address (EIP). After you release an EIP, no fees are charged on the EIP.
- The billing method of the EIP to be released must be pay-as-you-go. Subscription-billed EIPs cannot be released.
- The EIP is not associated with any cloud instances. If the EIP is associated with a cloud instance, disassociate the EIP first. For more information, see Disassociate an EIP from a cloud instance.
- If an EIP is billed for traffic, it is billed on an hourly basis. That is, the bill
for the previous hour is generated by the beginning of the next hour.
For example, if you release an EIP at 10:30, you will receive the bill at 11:00 that charges for the EIP traffic from 10:00 to 11:00.
- If an EIP is billed based on bandwidth, it is billed on a daily basis. That is, the
bill for the previous day is generated at zero o'clock on the next day.
For example, if you release an EIP on 2019-01-01, you will receive the bill on 2019-01-02 that charges for the bandwidth fee for 2019-01-01.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the target EIP, and choose in the Actions column.
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK.