This topic describes how to release an Elastic IP Address (EIP). After you release an EIP, no fees are charged on the EIP.
- The billing method of the EIP to be released must be Pay-As-You-Go. Subscription-billed EIPs cannot be released.
- The EIP is not associated with any cloud instances. If the EIP is associated with a cloud instance, disassociate the EIP first. For more information, see Disassociate an EIP from a cloud instance.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Elastic IP Addresses.
- Select the region of the target EIP.
- On the Elastic IP Addresses page, find the target EIP, and choose in the Actions column.
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK.