DataWorks provides you with an exclusive resource mode, which allows you to purchase exclusive resources and assign them to workspaces to run tasks.
In exclusive resource mode, the physical resources (such as the network, disk, CPU, and memory) on hosts are completely exclusive to users. This helps isolate resources of different users or different workspaces. In addition, exclusive resources can be flexibly scaled in or out. This meets the requirements of resource exclusiveness and flexible configuration.
Purchase exclusive resources
DataWorks exclusive resources are purchased in subscription mode. You can go to the purchase page of exclusive resources from the DataWorks product page or by clicking Add Exclusive Resource in the DataWorks console.
- From the DataWorks product page
- By clicking Add Exclusive Resource
- Log on to the DataWorks console and click the Exclusive Resources page appears. tab at the top of the page. The
- If you have not purchased any exclusive resources in the current region, click Add Exclusive Resource in the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the Add Exclusive Resource dialog box that appears, click Purchase next to Order Number to go to the purchase page.
On the purchase page, set the region, exclusive resource type, exclusive resource specification, resource count, and billing cycle as required, and click Buy Now.
Add exclusive resources
- Log on to the DataWorks console and click the Exclusive Resources page appears. Click Add Exclusive Resource in the upper-right corner of the page. tab at the top of the page. The
- In the Add Exclusive Resource dialog box that appears, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Resource Type The type of the exclusive resource. Exclusive resources are classified into Exclusive Resources and Exclusive Resources for Data Integration. They are applicable to general tasks and data synchronization tasks respectively. Resource Name The name of the exclusive resource. The value must be unique within all resources of a tenant. Resource Description The description of the exclusive resource. Order Number The order number of the exclusive resource. If you have not purchased any exclusive resources, click Purchase next to Order Number to go to the purchase page. Zone The zone of hosts available in the region. Select a zone based on your requirements.
- After you complete the configuration, click Create to add the exclusive resource.
Note The exclusive resource is initialized within 20 minutes. Wait until its status changes to Running.
View exclusive resources
After adding exclusive resources, you can view basic information of the exclusive resources on the Exclusive Resources page, including Valid Until, Resource Count, and Resource Usage.
- Valid Until: the expiration date of the exclusive resource. It depends on the billing cycle that
you set when purchasing the exclusive resource.
- You can renew the exclusive resource before it expires. When the exclusive resource expires, it cannot be used by new tasks.
- You can activate the exclusive resource within seven days after its expiration. If the exclusive resource is not activated within seven days after its expiration, it is released.
- Resource Count: the quantity of the exclusive resource.
- Resource Usage: the usage of the exclusive resource in percentage.
Manage exclusive resources
After adding exclusive resources, you can scale and renew the exclusive resources, bind them to your Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), or change the workspaces that can use the exclusive resources.
- Scale out exclusive resources
If the usage of an exclusive resource remains high or the current quantity cannot meet your requirements, you can click Scale Out to scale out the exclusive resource.
- Scale in exclusive resources
If an exclusive resource is sometimes idle, you can click Scale In to scale in the exclusive resource.
- Renew exclusive resources
Click Renew to extend the validity period of an exclusive resource.
- Bind exclusive resources to your VPC
Exclusive resources are deployed in a VPC hosted by DataWorks. To use exclusive resources in your own VPC, you need to bind the exclusive resources to your VPC.
Click Add VPC Binding to go to the binding page.Note Before binding exclusive resources to your VPC, you must authorize DataWorks to access your cloud resources in the RAM console.
After the authorization is complete, click Add Binding. In the Add VPC Binding dialog box that appears, set the parameters.
If the information of the exclusive resource or your VPC changes after the binding, you can rebind the exclusive resource to your VPC. Currently, you cannot unbind an exclusive resource from a VPC.
- Change the workspaces that can use an exclusive resource
An exclusive resource must be bound to a workspace so that the exclusive resource can be used by tasks. An exclusive resource can be bound to multiple workspaces.
Use exclusive resources
After an exclusive resource is bound to a workspace, you can allocate the exclusive resource to tasks in the workspace.
- Exclusive resources
In Operation Center, select a task to change its resource group.
- Exclusive resources for data integration
You can select an exclusive resource for data integration when configuring a data integration task.