A backup vault is a repository used by HBR to store backup data on the cloud. You can create a remote mirror vault for a backup vault to meet disaster recovery requirements. When necessary, you can use the remote mirror vault for cross-region data restoration.
- After a mirror vault is created, data that is being backed up by a backup job in the source vault is synchronized to the mirror vault in real time. The historical backups stored in the source vault start being synchronized to a mirror vault 90 minutes after the creation of the mirror vault.
- You can only create one mirror vault for each backup vault.
- You can restore backups stored in a mirror vault but cannot back up data to a mirror vault.
- You must delete a mirror vault before deleting its source vault.
- A source vault is created when you create a backup client.
Create a mirror vault
Proceed as follows:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview.
- Locate a vault for which you want to create a mirror vault, click the icon in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Mirror Vault dialog box, select a region where the new mirror vault
Note For disaster recovery, you cannot select the region where the source vault is located.
- Enter the Vault Name. The name must be a maximum of 32 characters in length.
- Enter the Vault Description as required, and click Create.