A backup vault is a repository that Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) uses to store backup data on the cloud. A mirror vault is the mirror of a backup vault. The two vaults reside in different regions. You can use a mirror vault for geo-disaster recovery and cross-region data restoration.
Create a mirror vault
To create a mirror vault, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- Find the card of the backup vault for which you want to create a mirror vault. In the upper-right corner of the card, click the icon.
- In the Create Mirror Vault pane, select the region where you want to create the mirror
vault.Note To implement disaster recovery, do not select the region where the backup vault resides.
- Enter a vault name. The name must be 1 to 32 characters in length.
- Enter a description of the vault and click Create.
Restore data from a backup stored in a mirror vault
To restore data from a backup that is stored in a mirror vault, perform the following steps: