This topic describes the major features of Blink 3.2.1 and its compatibility with the DataStream API and SQL.
Major featuresBlink 3.2.1 is the first official version based on the Blink open source code. Blink 3.2.1 offers the following major features:
- Job AutoScale
Blink 3.2.1 implements the automatic optimization feature by using automatic configuration and automatic scaling. The automatic optimization feature dynamically adjusts the parallelism settings and resources of each operator based on the job running status and amount of input data. This allows you to shorten job delays. In Blink 3.2.1, this feature is in public review.
- Support for the DataStream API
- Blink 3.2.1 supports the DataStream API. Blink 3.2.1 is developed based on the open source Flink 1.5.1 branch. For information about the DataStream API compatibility between Blink 3.2.1 and Flink 1.5.1, see API compatibility report: Blink 3.2 and Flink 1.5.1.
- Connectors newly supported by the DataStream API
Connector Source Sink Kafka Compatible Compatible HBase Not compatible JDBC RDS<MySQL> ES MongoDB
- Connectors newly supported for SQL jobs
Besides the connectors supported in Blink 2.0, the following connectors are newly supported in Blink 3.2.1.
Connector Type ES DIM MongoDB SINK Redis DIM Redis SINK Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ V4.2.0 SOURCE SQL Server SINK
- For information about DataStream API compatibility, see API compatibility report: Blink 3.2 and Flink 1.5.1.
- For information about SQL compatibility, see Incompatible SQL items: Blink 3.0 and Blink 2.0.