- Common users can perform operations on databases, for example, query and change data,
or view and change schemas.
- Common users can be R&D staff, testers, product staff, operations staff, or data analysts
- By default, a RAM user that is added to a DMS tenant assumes the common user role.
- Common users cannot use the System Management feature in the DMS console. Namely,
System Management is not displayed in the top navigation bar of the DMS console.
- To execute SQL statements in the SQLConsole or use the Data Plans feature, common
users must apply for the required permissions first.
- Security administrators can perform operations such as determining the security levels
of fields and auditing user operations.
- Security administrators can be internal auditors or security administrators of enterprises.
|In addition to all the features that are available for common users, security administrators
can also use the Operation Logs, Sensitive Data, and Data Protection features.
|Database administrator (DBA)
- DBAs are responsible for database management, including managing database instances,
database development standards and processes, and task execution.
- DBAs in DMS can be DBAs or operations and maintenance (O&M) staff of enterprises.
|In addition to all the features that are available for common users, DBAs can also
use all the system management features except for the Data Protection and User features.
- The DMS administrator role is automatically assigned to the Alibaba Cloud account
that is used to create a DMS tenant. The DMS administrator role of this account cannot
- The DMS administrator role can be assigned to any user under a DMS tenant, such as
a RAM user or another Alibaba Cloud account that is added to the current DMS tenant.
The number of DMS administrators under a DMS tenant is not limited.
- DMS administrators are assigned to the admin approval nodes in approval processes.
- Only DMS administrators can use the User feature.
- DMS administrators can use all the features of DMS except for the Data Protection