A region is a place where a data center resides. The region of a resource cannot be changed after the resource is created.
Select a region
The following table lists the regions supported by Web App Service (Web+), their region IDs, and the corresponding cities.
|China (Hong Kong)||Hong Kong||cn-hongkong|
- Geographic location
Choose a region based on the geographic locations of you and your target users.
- Regions in Mainland China
In general, we recommend that you choose the data center closest to your target users so that they have fast access. Alibaba Cloud's data centers of the regions in Mainland China are similar to each other in terms of infrastructure, BGP network quality, service quality, ECS operation and configuration. The regions offer BGP backbone network lines covering all provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities to guarantee fast, stable access within Mainland China.
- Regions outside Mainland China
Regions outside Mainland China offer access at international bandwidth, targeting areas outside Mainland China. Users in Mainland China that access services deployed in these regions may experience high latency. Therefore, we do not recommend deploying services in regions outside Mainland China if users from Mainland China require access.
- If you have business operations in China (Hong Kong) or Southeast Asia, choose the region China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), or Indonesia (Jakarta).
- If you have business operations in India, choose the region India (Mumbai).
- If you have business operations in Australia, choose the region Australia (Sydney).
- Regions in Mainland China
Intranet communication between Alibaba Cloud products across regions
Intranet communication between Alibaba Cloud products that are not in the same region is not supported, which means:
- ECS instances and other products, such as ApsaraDB for RDS and OSS instances, cannot communicate with one another over the intranet if they are in different regions.
- Server Load Balancer cannot be deployed for ECS instances in different regions.
The price of resources may vary according to the region. For details, see the product pricing page.
Business license filing
When you choose a region, consider the special requirements of some areas. If you have purchased an ECS instance in Mainland China and used it for a web server, complete business license filing first.
To complete business license filing, pay attention to the following points:
Note The communications administrations in different provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities have different approval requirements for business license filing. In case of any change, the information published on the business license filing website of your local administration prevails.
- If your company is located in Beijing, choose the China (Beijing) region for the ECS instance you have purchased.
- If your company is located in Guangdong, choose the China (Shenzhen) region for the ECS instance you have purchased.