You can use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up Cloud Storage Gateway (CSG) instances and restore them as needed. This topic describes the preparations that you need to make before backing up data.
(Recommended) Prepare an AccessKey for a RAM user
Resource Access Management (RAM) is an Alibaba Cloud service that helps you manage user identities and access to your cloud resources. You can create and manage multiple RAM users under an Alibaba Cloud account. You can grant different permissions to each RAM user. This allows RAM users to have different access permissions on Alibaba Cloud resources.
An AccessKey is required when you activate a backup client. If the AccessKey of an Alibaba Cloud account is leaked, all cloud resources under the account may be exposed to risk. Therefore, we recommend that you use the AccessKey of a RAM user to activate backup clients. Before you back up data, make sure that a RAM user is created and an AccessKey is created for the RAM user. For more information, see Create a RAM user and Create an AccessKey pair for a RAM user.
Register a CSG instance
To register a CSG instance, follow these steps:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select the region where the CSG instance to be backed up resides.
- On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Cloud Gateway Instance tab. On the Cloud Gateway Instance tab, click Register Cloud Gateway in the upper-right corner.
- In the Register Cloud Gateway pane that appears, set the parameters as described in the following table.
Parameter Description Vault Name The name of the backup vault. A backup vault is a repository used by HBR to store backup data in the cloud. You can back up data from multiple backup clients to the same vault. Backup vaults reside in different regions. You can only select or create backup vaults in the current region.
- If you have created backup vaults, set Backup Vault Config to Select Vault and select a backup vault from the Vault Name drop-down list.
- If you have not created any backup vaults, set Backup Vault Config to Create Vault and set Vault Name to create a backup vault. The vault name can be a maximum of 64 characters in length.
Cloud Gateway Cluster The gateway cluster of the CSG instance to be backed up. Transmit Data On HTTPS Specifies whether to enable HTTPS-encrypted transmission. Your data will be encrypted and stored in a backup vault. You can choose whether to use HTTPS to transmit data based on data encryption. Note that using HTTPS will degrade the data transmission performance. If you modify this configuration, the modification takes effect when the next backup or restore job starts. Gateway Name/ID, Type, Class, and Location The information about the CSG instance to be backed up.Note You can only use HBR to back up standard or enhanced file gateways on Alibaba Cloud.
- After the configuration is completed, click Create. HBR automatically installs a backup client for the CSG instance on the corresponding Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance.
What to do next
On the Storage Gateway Backup page, click the Cloud Gateway Instance tab and find the target CSG instance. You can perform the operations as described in the following table.
|Check the installation status of a backup client||After a backup client is installed, its status is Activated.
If the status is Install Failed, follow the instructions provided in the error message for troubleshooting. After the error is rectified, choose in the Actions column.
|Uninstall a backup client||Choosein the Actions column.|
|Delete a backup client||If you need to uninstall the backup client and remove the target CSG instance, choose
in the Actions column.
Note Before you delete a backup client, make sure that the client has no backup job in the Running or Completed state.