Alibaba Cloud allows you to migrate the instances deployed on a dedicated host if the dedicated host fails. The instance migration minimizes the impact of physical failures on your business. This topic describes how to modify the settings of automatic instance migration for a dedicated host.
After the automatic instance migration feature is enabled for a dedicated host, the ECS instances on the dedicated host are migrated to another host if a DDH failure occurs. If the automatic instance migration feature is disabled and your dedicated host fails, you can submit a ticket to apply for a new dedicated host.
- You cannot perform manual migration of ECS instances on local SSD dedicated hosts such as Local SSD type i2 upon DDH failures. In addition, you cannot perform automatic migration of ECS instances on local SSD dedicated hosts. If local SSD dedicated hosts fail, you can submit a ticket to apply for manual migration. However, the data in the local disk is lost after manual migration.
- After all the ECS instances on a failed dedicated host are migrated to another dedicated host, the host ID and the metadata of the ECS instances remain unchanged. The metadata includes the ID, private IP address, and public IP address of each ECS instance. However, the machine ID of the dedicated host is changed.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Modify the settings of automatic instance migration.
- Find the dedicated host that you want to modify. In the Host ID/Name column, move the pointer over the name or ID of the dedicated host. Click the icon next to the name of the dedicated host.
- In the Modify DDH Information dialog box, modify the settings of the automatic instance migration for the dedicated
host.Turn on or turn off the Action on Maintenance switch to enable or disable the automatic instance migration feature.
- Click OK.