You can create multiple consumer groups when you use the change tracking feature. Consumers in different consumer groups can track data changes from the same data source. Consumer groups allow you to reduce usage costs and improve the efficiency of data consumption.
- You can create a maximum of 20 consumer groups in a change tracking instance to achieve repeated data consumption.
- You can create only one consumer in each consumer group.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking.
- At the top of the Change Tracking Tasks page, select the region where the change tracking instance resides.
- Find the change tracking instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Consume Data.
- On the Consume Data page, click Add Consumer Group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Consumer Group dialog box, configure the parameters for the consumer group.
Parameter Description Consumer Group Name Enter a new name for the consumer group. We recommend that you use an informative name for easy identification. Username Enter the username of the consumer group.
- A username must contain one or more of the following characters: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- A username must be 1 to 16 characters in length.
Password Enter the password that corresponds to the username of the consumer group.
- A password must contain two or more of the following characters: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- A password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
Confirm Password Enter the password again.
- Click Create.