The change tracking feature allows you to create multiple consumer groups. Consumers in different consumer groups can track data changes from the same data source. Consumer groups help you reduce the cost for tracking data changes and improve the efficiency of data consumption.
- You can create multiple consumer groups (up to 20) in a change tracking instance to repeatedly consume data.
- A consumer group consumes each message only once, and only one consumer can consume data.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Change Tracking.
- At the top of the Change Tracking page, select the region where the change tracking instance resides.
- Find the change tracking instance and click the instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Consume Data.
- On the Consume Data page, click Add Consumer Group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Consumer Group dialog box that appears, configure the parameters for the consumer group.
Parameter Description Consumer Group Name Enter a new name for the consumer group. We recommend that you use an informative name for easy identification. Username Enter the username of the consumer group.
- A username must contain one or more of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_).
- The username must be 1 to 16 characters in length.
Password Enter the password that corresponds to the username of the consumer group.
- A password must contain two or more of the following character types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters.
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length.
Confirm Password Enter the new password again.
- Click Create.