After you enable the Brotli compression feature, static text files are compressed into Brotli files. This reduces file sizes and accelerates content delivery. This topic describes how to enable the Brotli compression feature.
- If a request includes the
Accept-Encoding: brrequest header, Alibaba Cloud CDN uses Brotli to compress requested resources before it returns the requested resources to the client.
- If a response from the origin server includes the
Content-Encoding: brresponse header, it indicates that the requested resources are compressed based on Brotli.
- If both Brotli compression and GNU zip (Gzip) compression are enabled, and the
Accept-Encodingrequest header includes the
gzipfields, Brotli compression takes priority.
- If compression is enabled on the origin server, and the response includes the
content_encodingresponse header, Brotli compression is not supported.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the domain name that you want to manage and click Manage in the Actions column of the domain name.
- In the management pane of the domain name, click Optimization.
- In the Brotli Compression section, turn on the Brotli Compression switch.