Check whether applications start
After you use Kompose to or manually migrate application configurations, you can check whether applications start in the Container Service - Kubernetes console. If any exceptions occurred during the startup process, you can view application startup logs in the Container Service - Kubernetes console to locate the causes.
- Log on to the Container Service - Kubernetes console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose . On the Deployments page, select the target cluster and namespace, find the application that fails to start, and click Details in the Actions column.
- Click the Pods tab, find the target pad, and choose in the Actions column.
- On the Logs page of the pod, check the log content.
Fix application startup issues
Analyze and fix application startup issues one by one. For example, the log content in the preceding figure shows that the auth-service application fails to start because it cannot access the config application. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Manually create a service in the Kubernetes cluster to allow other applications to access the config application. In the following figure, the field marked with 2 indicates the service name, which must be the value of the hostname key in the Swarm Compose file. No special requirements exist for configuring port mapping. You can set the Name, Service Port, and Container Port parameters to the same value. For more information, see Create a service.
- After the pod is redeployed, check whether the issue has been fixed. If the pod status is Running, as shown in the following figure, the pod has started.
Some exceptions may occur during the application startup process. For more information about these exceptions and how to handle them, see Troubleshooting.