This topic describes how to edit a report.
- After you create a report, the report editing page appears. For more information, see New Report section.
- In the All Report section of the page, click the name of the target report in the File Name column.
The title bar is below the top navigation bar and displays the file information and operations that you can perform. For example, the title bar displays the name of the report and allows you to preview, save, share, and release the report.
- Return: You can click this button to return to the Report page. On the Report page, you can view other reports and go to the report editing page of other reports.
- Preview: You can click this button to preview the report.
- Save: You can click this button to save the report. You can open and edit the saved report next time.
- Share & Release: You can click this button to share and release the report. You can share the report with specified users or all users.
The menu bar is below the title bar. DataAnalysis provides 22 controls categorized into 7 types. You can drag and drop a control from the menu bar to the canvas to use the control.
Canvas and configuration section
The canvas is below the menu bar and is the main operation area for editing a report. You can drag and drop a control from the menu bar to the canvas to add this control as a component of the report. You can move a control to any location and resize the control on the canvas as needed.
The configuration section is next to the canvas. When you click a control on the canvas, the configuration section on the right side displays the configuration items of the control. On the Data Config tab of the configuration section, you can select a data source and configure fields for the control. For example, you can specify the X-axis, Y-axis, split, and filter fields for a column chart.
- Select a data store.
You can add a new data store or select an existing data store. To add a data store, click Add in the configuration section. The Create Pivot Table dialog box appears. You can set the Choose Data parameter to Select a spreadsheet or Use External Data Store.
- Select a spreadsheet: You can select an editable worksheet in a workbook of the current user as the data store.
- Use External Data Store: You can select a data store of the MaxCompute, MySQL, DataService Studio, or Object Storage Service (OSS) type.
- Select fields as statistical items.
The fields that need to be specified vary according to the chart type. For example, you must specify the X-axis, Y-axis, split, and filter fields for a column chart.
Multiple charts can use the same data source. They can use the data source in different ways without affecting each other. A chart can use only one data store. When you click a chart and drag fields from the Pivot Table Fields section to the Data Config section, the chart is associated with the data store.
- Configure component information.
Click the Component Config tab in the configuration section and configure information about the chart. For example, you can configure the chart title, the alignment of the chart title, and whether to display legends.