Java virtual machine (JVM) parameters are used to configure container parameters when an application starts. You can configure JVM parameters to help reduce the overhead of garbage collection (GC), reduce server response time, and improve overall throughput. If you do not set container parameters, JVM parameters are allocated by default.
Introduction to JVM
JVM is a virtual machine that enables hosts to run Java applications or applications that are compiled to Java bytecode based on heaps. Sun Microsystems is the first company to introduce and implement JVM. As part of a Java platform, JVM is used to run Java applications.
JVM has a complete hardware architecture, such as processors, heaps, and registers, and a set of corresponding instructions. JVM allows Java applications to run on any platforms without any changes by implementing underlying communications with a specific operating system. However, these Java applications must be compiled to target code or bytecode that is compatible with JVM. JVM allows Java bytecode that is compiled from applets or applications to run on a specific CPU by converting Java bytecode into machine code specific to the CPU.
Set JVM parameters
- Log on to the Web+ console.
- On the Overview page, click View All in the upper-right corner of the Last Updated Deployment Environment section.
- On the Applications and Deployment Environments, click > on the left side of an application to view a list of deployment environments related
to the application.
Note On the Deployment Environments list, the most recently updated four deployment environments are displayed. If the required deployment environment is displayed on the list, you can click the specific name to go to the Deployment Environment Details page.
- Click the specific name of a deployment environment to open the Overview page of the deployment environment.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Configurations to open the Configurations page.
- In the Applications section, click JVM to view settings and specify JVM parameters.
- After the configuration is complete, click Edit Configuration in the upper-right corner to apply the configuration.