This topic describes how to modify the origin type and related precautions.
Origin configuration is not applicable to the acceleration of Live Streaming.
The system automatically performs a four-layer health check to test port 80 of each origin every 2.5 seconds. If an origin fails the check for three consecutive times, the system considers the origin unavailable.
CDN supports switchovers between primary and secondary origins. When multiple origins are added, CDN directs requests to the origin whose Priority is set to Primary. If the primary origin fails the health check for three consecutive times, CDN directs requests to the origin whose Priority is set to Secondary. Once the primary origin passes the health check, the system considers the origin available again and restores the priority of this origin to Primary. If all origins have the same back-to-origin priority, CDN polls each origin and directs requests to them.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the target domain name and click Manage.
- In the Origin Information section, click Modify.
- In the Modify Origin Information dialog box, set Type, IP, and Port.
In the Modify Origin Information dialog box, set the following parameters.
Port Description Port 80 Your origin server returns the requested resources to port 80 by using HTTP or HTTPS. Port 443 Your origin server returns the requested resources to port 443 by using HTTP or HTTPS. If the IP address of your origin server is associated with multiple domains, you must Configure a back-to-origin SNI. Custom Port Your origin server returns the requested resources to a custom port only by using HTTP. Before you customize a port, you must set the redirect type of Static Origin Protocol Policy to HTTP. For more information, see Configure the origin protocol policy.
- If you set Origin Protocol Policy to Follow, you cannot customize a port.
- If you set Origin Protocol Policy to Follow through the API, make sure that the origin protocol and custom port are working properly.
- If you enable the HTTP or HTTPS origin protocol and customize a port through the Custom Port parameter, your origin server returns the requested resources based on the port settings regardless of the other settings specified in the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- Click OK.