This topic describes how to modify the information about an origin server in the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) console.
Alibaba Cloud CDN supports switchover between primary and secondary origin servers. If multiple origin servers are configured, Alibaba Cloud CDN redirects requests to the origin server whose Priority is Primary. If the primary origin server fails three consecutive probes, Alibaba Cloud CDN forwards requests to the origin server whose Priority is Secondary. If the primary origin server passes a subsequent health check, the system marks the origin server as available and restores the priority of this origin server to primary. If you set the same priority for all origin servers, Alibaba Cloud CDN automatically redirects requests to the origin servers based on the round robin scheme.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud CDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, find the target domain name and click Manage.
- In the Origin Information section, click Modify.
- In the Modify Origin Information dialog box, set the origin type, origin address, and port. The following table lists the parameters that you must set.Note
- If you set the origin type to IP or Site Domain, you are charged based on the price of Internet traffic.
- If you set the origin type to OSS Domain, Alibaba Cloud CDN redirects requests to the specified OSS bucket and you are charged based on the price of internal data transfer. For more information, see OSS pricing.
- If you set the origin type to Site Domain and specify the endpoint of an OSS bucket, you are charged based on the price of Internet traffic.
- Origin type
Origin type Description IP You can specify the public IP addresses of one or more servers. If the origin server is an Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, review of the IP address is not required. For more information, see What is ECS? Site Domain You can specify the domain names of one or more origin servers.Note The origin domain name that you specified cannot be the same as the accelerated domain name. Otherwise, a DNS resolution loop occurs, and the requests cannot be redirected to the origin server correctly. For example, if the domain name of the origin server is img.yourdomain.com, you can set the accelerated domain name to cdn.yourdomain.com. OSS Domain You can enter the public endpoint of an OSS bucket, for example, xxx.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com. To view the public endpoint of an OSS bucket, go to the OSS console. You can also select an OSS bucket under the current account. Function Compute Domain To use a Function Compute domain name, you must set the Region and Domain Name parameters. For more information, see Set a Function Compute domain name.
Port Description Port 80 Alibaba Cloud CDN retrieves resources from your origin server by using port 80 over HTTP or HTTPS. Port 443 Alibaba Cloud CDN retrieves resources from your origin server by using port 443 over HTTP or HTTPS. If the IP address of your origin server is associated with multiple domain names, you must configure an origin Server Name Indication (SNI). For more information, see Configure an origin SNI. Custom Port Alibaba Cloud CDN redirects only HTTP requests to origin servers over custom ports. If you want Alibaba Cloud CDN to redirect HTTPS requests to origin servers over custom ports, submit a ticket.Notice If you specify a custom port, disable the origin protocol policy. Otherwise, the specified port cannot take effect. For more information, see Configure the origin protocol policy.
If the origin server is an OSS bucket, OSS determines whether you can specify a custom port.
- Click OK.