DataWorks DataAnalysis allows you to analyze, edit, and share data online.
- High efficiency: DataAnalysis analyzes data in a database by using online data analysis tools such as pivot tables. For example, you can create a pivot table for the September partition of a user profile table. Then, you can update the source data with the October partition and reuse the configuration of the pivot table to avoid repeated operations.
- High capacity: DataAnalysis efficiently analyzes large amounts of data with the help of compute engines.
- Shared data: DataAnalysis can analyze data obtained from databases of different business systems. DataAnalysis allows you to export data to MaxCompute tables. It also allows you to share data with specified users and grant them access permissions. Therefore, data can be shared between different systems and different users.
- High security: DataAnalysis allows you to analyze data online without downloading data. It also allows you to manage the permissions that allow users to analyze and share data.
Workbooks are the core feature of DataAnalysis. A workbook is a workspace in which you can obtain, explore, and analyze data. A workbook is in the form of an online table and offers common table features. After you import data from data stores or import local data to workbooks, you can perform data pivoting and profiling. For more information, see Workbook.
- MaxCompute table
The dimension table feature allows you to create MaxCompute tables without writing SQL code and collaboratively edit MaxCompute tables with other users online. The dimension table feature also allows you to import data to MaxCompute tables in a visualized manner. For more information, see MaxCompute table.Assume that data analysts and operations engineers need to manually maintain an online MaxCompute table. If the MaxCompute table is not created by using the dimension table feature, the following procedure must be performed whenever data changes occur:
- Operations engineers describe their requirements to data analysts.
- Data analysts submit the requirements to developers.
- Developers edit SQL statements by using DataWorks, create an Excel table, synchronize data to the Excel table, and then deliver the Excel table to operations engineers.
If the dimension table feature is used, operations engineers can create, modify, and save a MaxCompute table in DataAnalysis. This improves efficiency.
You can create and design reports by dragging and configuring controls without executing SQL statements. For more information, see Report.