A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a logically isolated private network on the cloud. With VPCs, traffic can be securely routed to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances that run in Web+. If no VPC is configured when you start an environment, Web+ uses the default VPC. You can start an environment in a custom VPC to configure network and security settings. In Web+, you can select a subnet for your resources. Then, you need to configure IP addresses for instances and load balancers in your environment. When you create an environment, a VPC is specified by default. You can change the settings for subnets and IP addresses that are related to your environment.
Step 1: Create a VPC and a VSwitch
To deploy cloud resources in a VPC, you must first plan the network, create a VPC and create at least one VSwitch. To plan the network, see Network planning.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- Select a region.
The VPC and the cloud resources to deploy must be in the same region. In this tutorial, select the China (Qingdao) region.
- Configure the VPC and VSwitch. Descriptions about the configuration items are provided
in the following table.
Note In this tutorial, do not select Assign IPv6 Address Free of Charge.
Step 2: Configure a VPC in the Web+ console
- Log on to the Web+ console.
- On the Overview page, click View All in the upper-right corner of the Last Updated Environments section.
- On the Applications and Environments page, click the > icon next to the name of an application to show a list of linked deployment environments.
Note The Environments list shows the last updated four deployment environments. If the required deployment environment is listed, you can click the name of the deployment environment to go to the Environment Details page.
- Click the name of an environment to open the Overview page of the environment.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Configurations to open the Configurations page.
- In the Environment section, click Network, and click to update the VPC setting for the environment that resides in Web+.
- On the VPC drop-down list, select a VPC, and select one or more VSwitches on the VSwitch drop-down list.
Note Web+ applications must be deployed in a private network that is managed by a VSwitch. You can deploy applications to zones that are managed by different VSwitches to improve availability of the applications.
- In the upper-right corner, click Change Configuration to apply the update after the configuration is complete.