This topic describes the latest progress and plan of upgrading Data Management to Data Map.
First release plan of the Data Map module of DataWorks
- Version: DataWorks Data Map
- Date: May 21, 2019
- Region: China (Shanghai), China (Hangzhou), China (Shenzhen), China(Hong Kong), and Singapore
- Description: Developed based on Data Management, Data Map provides features by role and controls permissions such as the data preview permission and table creation permission. It helps you build an enterprise-level knowledge base.
- May 21, 2019: first batch of users in China (Shanghai)
- May 22, 2019: second batch of users in China (Shanghai), and users in China (Hangzhou) and China (Shenzhen)
- May 23, 2019: third batch of users in China (Shanghai), and users in China(Hong Kong) and Singapore
Feature comparison between Data Map and Data Management
Compared with Data Management, Data Map improves user experience in terms of the overall visual interaction and role distinguishing. The following table compares Data Management and Data Map.
|Item||Data Management||Data Map||Improvement|
|Associate page features with roles||Based on the feature types, the Data Management module provides the following pages:
|Centralize personal operations||Different pages are provided for you to manage tables, manage favorites, manage permissions, and apply for resource and function permissions.||
||Data-related operations are centralized on one page for easy search and implementation.|
|Control the table preview permission||Any user can preview tables. The table owner or workspace administrator cannot control the preview permission.||
|Control the table creation permission||You can directly create a table in Data Management without any permission restriction.||
Data Map problem feedback
If you have any questions when using Data Map, search for the DingTalk group number 23182329 to join the DataWorks DingTalk group. We are happy to answer your questions.