A cluster template is a saved configuration for quickly creating a cluster. Currently, cluster templates are used to automatically create temporary clusters for workflows in the Data Platform module. In the future, you can use cluster templates for more purposes.
- Cluster templates only support Hadoop and Kafka clusters. If you want to use cluster templates to create clusters of other types, submit a ticket.
- If you use a cluster template to create a cluster, you cannot set a logon password for the cluster.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click the Data Platform tab.
- On the Data Platform tab, click Cluster Template in the upper-right corner of the Projects section. On the cluster template list page
that appears, modify or delete a cluster template as needed:
- To modify a cluster template, click Edit in the Actions column. After the modification is saved, it is immediately applied to workflows that use the cluster template.
- To delete a cluster template, click Delete in the Actions column.
- On the cluster template list page, click Create Cluster Template in the upper-right corner.
- On the Create Cluster Template page that appears, set relevant parameters.
Creating a cluster template is similar to creating a cluster. For more information, see Create an E-MapReduce cluster.If you use a cluster template to create a temporary cluster for running a workflow, the cluster is released automatically after the workflow is completed.Notice When you delete a cluster template, the system does not check whether the cluster template is being used by any workflow. After the cluster template is deleted, all workflows that use the cluster template fail.
- After you set the parameters, click Save.
For more information about how to use cluster templates for running workflows, see Manage workflows.