Cluster templates contain saved configurations that you can use to create clusters.
- Cluster templates can be used to create only Hadoop and Kafka clusters. If you want to create a cluster of another type, submit a ticket. For more information, see .
- You cannot set a logon password for a cluster that is created from a cluster template.
Create a cluster template
- Go to the Data Platform tab.
- You have logged on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Data Platform tab.
- In the Projects section of the page that appears, click Cluster Template in the upper-right corner. On the cluster template list page that appears, modify or delete a cluster template as needed:
- To modify a cluster template, click Edit in the Actions column. After the modification is saved, the modification immediately takes effect on all workflows that are using the cluster template.
- To delete a cluster template, click Delete in the Actions column.
- Click Create Cluster Template in the upper-right corner.
- On the Create Cluster Template page, configure relevant parameters.
The operations required to create a cluster template are similar to those required to create a cluster. For more information, see Create a cluster.In the Hardware Settings step of the Create Cluster Template page, you can configure multiple instance types. This allows you to prevent cluster creation failures caused by insufficient inventory of instances of a specified type, which may affect the jobs that you want to run.Note When you delete a cluster template, the system does not check whether the cluster template is being referenced by a workflow. After the cluster template is deleted, all the workflows that use the cluster template fail.
- Read and agree to E-MapReduce Service Terms, and click Save.
For more information about how to use cluster templates in workflows, see Edit a workflow.