This topic describes how to clone a new PolarDB cluster by using the data of source PolarDB clusters.
- The data that can be cloned includes:
- The account information about the source cluster.
- If the transparent data encryption (TDE) feature is enabled for the source cluster before you close the cluster, the relevant TDE configurations can also be cloned to the new cluster.
- The data that cannot be cloned includes:
- The parameter settings of the source cluster.
- The whitelist configurations of the source cluster.
- The secure sockets layer (SSL) configurations of the source cluster.
- Only the data that exists in the source cluster before the clone operation starts can be cloned. The data that is written to the source cluster after the clone operation starts cannot be cloned.
- Log on to the PolarDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the cluster resides.
- Find the cluster that you want to clone. In the Actions column, choose .
- On the configuration page, specify the following parameters.
Parameter Description Billing Method You can select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go.
- Subscription: Pay for the compute nodes when you create the cluster. You are charged by hour for the storage space that is occupied by the actual amount of data. The charges are deducted from your account balance on an hourly basis.
- Pay-As-You-Go: An upfront payment is not required. You are charged by hour for the compute nodes and the storage space that is consumed by the actual amount of data. The charges are deducted from your account balance on an hourly basis.
Clone Source Type By default, Current Cluster is selected.You do not need to change the value. Region The region where the cluster that is to be created resides. By default, the region of the clone cluster is the same as that of the source cluster. For example, if the source cluster resides in the China (Hangzhou) region, the region of the clone cluster is also China (Hangzhou). You do not need to select the value of this parameter. Primary Availability Zone
- A zone is an independent geographical location that resides in a region. No substantial differences exist between different zones.
- You can choose to create your PolarDB cluster in the same zone as the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance or in the zone that is different from the zone of this instance.
Network Type Only VPC is supported. You do not need to select the value of this parameter. VPC
Select a virtual private cloud (VPC) and a vSwitch from the drop-down lists. If you do not have a VPC, create a VPC and a vSwitch. To create a VPC and a vSwitch, visit the VPCs page.Note Make sure that the PolarDB cluster to be created and the ECS instance to be connected are deployed in the same VPC. Otherwise, the cluster and the ECS instance cannot communicate over the internal network to achieve the optimal performance. Compatibility By default, the compatibility of the clone cluster is consistent with that of the source cluster. For example, if the value of the Compatibility parameter is Compatible with Oracle Syntax for the source cluster, the value of the Compatibility parameter is also Compatible with Oracle Syntax for the new cluster. Use the default setting. You do not need to select the value of this parameter. Edition By default, the edition of the clone cluster is consistent with that of the source cluster. For example, if the value of the Edition parameter for the source cluster is Cluster (2-16 nodes) (Recommended), the value of the Edition parameter for the clone cluster is also Cluster (2-16 nodes) (Recommended). You do not need to select the value of this parameter. Node Specification
You can select the node specifications based on your requirements. All the nodes are dedicated nodes whose performance is stable and reliable. For more information about each specification, see Specifications and pricing.
NodesBy default, the system creates the following two nodes that have the same specification: a primary node and a read-only node. You do not need to select the value of this parameter.Note If the primary node becomes faulty, the system uses the read-only node as the primary node and generates another read-only node. For more information about read-only nodes, see Architecture. Storage Cost You do not need to select the value of this parameter. The system charges you on an hourly basis based on the actual data usage. For more information, see Specifications and pricing.Note You do not need to select a storage capacity when you create a cluster. The system automatically scales the storage capacity when the amount of data is increased or decreased. Cluster Name Enter the name of the cluster. The name must meet the following requirements:
- It cannot start with
- It must be 2 to 256 characters in length.
If this parameter is left empty, the system automatically generates a cluster name. You can change the cluster name after the cluster is created.
Purchase Plan This parameter is supported only when the value of the Billing Method parameter for the source cluster is Subscription. Number Valid values: 1 to 50. Default value: 1.
- Read the terms of the service agreement, select the check box, and click Buy Now.Note After the order is successful, wait for 1 to 5 minutes until the service is activated. Then, you can view the new clone cluster on the Clusters page.