This topic describes how to set the maintenance window for an ApsaraDB for PolarDB cluster. To guarantee the stability of ApsaraDB for PolarDB, the backend system performs maintenance operations on the clusters from time to time. We recommend that you set the maintenance window within the off-peak hours of your business to minimize the impact on the business during the maintenance process.
- Before the maintenance is performed, ApsaraDB for PolarDB sends SMS messages and emails to contacts listed in your Alibaba Cloud account.
- To guarantee stability during the maintenance process, clusters first enter the Under Maintenance state before the preset maintenance window arrives on the day of maintenance. When a cluster is in this state, normal data access to the database is not affected. However, except for the account management, database management, and IP address whitelisting functions, other services concerning changes (such as common operations like upgrade, degrade, and restart) are unavailable in the console of this cluster. Query services such as performance monitoring are still available.
- Within the maintenance window of a cluster, the cluster may experience one or two disconnections. Make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to the cluster. The cluster restores to normal immediately after the disconnection occurs.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for PolarDB console.
- Select a region.
- Find the target cluster and click the cluster ID in the Cluster Name column.
- In the Basic Information section on the Basics page, click Modify next to Maintenance Window.
- In the Modify Maintenance Window dialog box that appears, select a maintenance window for the cluster and click Submit.
|CreateDBCluster||Creates an ApsaraDB for PolarDB cluster.|
|ModifyDBClusterMaintainTime||Modifies the maintenance window for an ApsaraDB for PolarDB cluster.|