This topic describes how to manage policy versions, such as viewing a policy version, setting the default policy version, and deleting a policy version.
- You can retain multiple versions for a policy.
- If you reach the maximum number of policy versions allowed, we recommend that you delete versions you no longer need to save space.
- Even if a policy has multiple versions, only one version is active. The active version is known as the default version.
- The default version can be viewed but cannot be deleted.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- In the Policy Name column, click the name of the target policy.
- On the Versions tab, you can:
- Click View to view the policy version and the policy document.
- Click Use This Version to set the policy version to the default version.
- Click Delete to delete the policy version.