This topic describes how to manage custom policy versions, including how to view a policy version, specify the default policy version, and delete a policy version.
RAM allows you to manage the versions of custom policies.
- A custom policy has a maximum of five versions.
- If you modify a custom policy and the policy already has five versions, the earliest version that is not in use is deleted and a version is created. You can also delete the versions that you no longer need.
- If a policy has more than one version, only the default version is active.
- The default version can be viewed but cannot be deleted.
- Log on to the RAM console with an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policies under Permissions.
- In the Policy Name column on the Policies page, click the name of the policy that you want to manage.
- On the page that appears, click the Versions tab. On this tab, you can view, specify, and delete policy versions.
- To view a policy version and its document, click View in the Actions column.
- To specify a policy version as the default version, click Use This Version in the Actions column.
- To delete a policy version, click Delete in the Actions column. In the message that appears, click OK.