This topic describes how to manage custom policy versions, including how to view a policy version, specify the default policy version, and delete a policy version.
RAM allows you to manage the versions of custom policies.
- You can retain more than one version for a policy.
- If the number of policy versions reaches the upper limit, you must delete the versions that you no longer need.
- For a policy with more than one version, only the default version is active.
- The default version can be viewed. However, it cannot be deleted.
- Log on to the RAM console by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policies under Permissions.
- On the Policies page, click the name of the target policy in the Policy Name column.
- On the page that appears, click the Versions tab. On this tab, you can view, specify, and delete policy versions.
- To view a policy version and its document, click View in the Actions column.
- To specify a policy version as the default version, click Use This Version in the Actions column.
Note You can specify a previous default version as the default version if needed.
- To delete a policy version, click Delete in the Actions column. In the message that appears, click OK.