This topic describes how to delete a custom policy. You can delete a custom policy if permissions in the policy change or you no longer need the policy.
- The policy has only one version, which is the default version. If more than one version exists, delete all versions except the default version.
- The policy is not referenced, which means that the policy is not attached to a RAM user, RAM user group, or RAM role. If the policy is being referenced, delete the references to the policy. For more information, see Manage policy references.
- Log on to the RAM console by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Policies under Permissions.
- On the Policies page, select Custom Policy from the Policy Type drop-down list.
- Find the target custom policy in the Policy Name column and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the message that appears, click OK.