This topic describes how to create a domain alias for an Alibaba Cloud account. A domain alias is an alias of your default domain name. If an Alibaba Cloud account has a domain alias that is publicly resolvable, RAM users of the Alibaba Cloud account can use this domain alias to log on to the RAM console.
- Log on to the RAM console with an Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Settings under Identities.
- Click the Advanced tab and click Create Domain Alias.
- Specify a value for the Domain Name parameter.
- Click OK.
- Go back to the Advanced tab, and click Domain Ownership Verification to verify the domain ownership.
Note Before you perform domain ownership verification, make sure that you have added a TXT record for the domain alias in the system of your domain service provider. After you create a domain alias, a random code is generated for domain ownership verification. Copy the verification code, and then click Domain Ownership Verification to verify the domain ownership.
What to do next
After the domain alias is created, the RAM users of your Alibaba Cloud account can use the domain alias to log on to the RAM console.
To log on to the RAM console as a RAM user by using the domain alias, specify the
logon name in the format of
<$username>@<$DomainAlias>. For more information, see Log on to the console as a RAM user.
The use of domain aliases simplifies the procedure of configuring the SAML settings for user-based SSO. For more information, see Configure the SAML settings of Alibaba Cloud for user-based SSO.