This topic describes how to change A records in the Alibaba Cloud DNS console to forward incoming traffic to your site to your Anti-DDoS Pro instance.
- You have added your website in the Anti-DDoS Pro console. For more information, see Step 1: Add a website.
- If you are using additional firewalls to protect your origin server, disable the firewalls
or add the back-to-origin IP addresses used by your Anti-DDoS Pro instance to the
whitelist. For more information, see Add Anti-DDoS Pro back-to-origin CIDR blocks to the whitelist.
After the incoming traffic to your site is forwarded to the IP address of your Anti-DDoS Pro instance, the instance scrubs your traffic and uses the back-to-origin IP addresses to forward normal traffic back to your origin server. Therefore, if the back-to-origin IP addresses used by your Anti-DDoS Pro instance are not added to the whitelist of your firewall, normal traffic to your site may be blocked by mistake, making your website inaccessible.
- Verify that your forwarding configuration works as expected. Before you change DNS records to forward incoming traffic to Anti-DDoS Pro, we recommend that you verify that your Anti-DDoS Pro instance can forward traffic back to the origin server. For more information, see Verify forwarding configurations.
The following example assumes that your domain is managed by Alibaba Cloud DNS . If you are using other domain name resolution services, log on to the DNS server and change the A record value of your domain to the IP addresses of your Anti-DDoS Pro instance.
Assume that you added the following domain in step 1:
bgp.ddostest.com. The following example describes how to change or add A records in the Alibaba Cloud
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud DNS console Alibaba Cloud DNS console.
On the Manage DNS page, select domain
doctest.com, and click Configure in the Actions column.
On the DNS Settings page, select the A record whose host is bpg, and click Edit in the Actions column.
Note If you cannot find the A record in the list, you can click Add Record.
On the Edit Record or Add Record dialog box, change the Value to the IP address of your Anti-DDoS Pro instance.
Note After you add a domain in the Anti-DDoS Pro console, the domain is automatically associated with an Anti-DDoS Pro instance. To view the IP address of the Anti-DDoS Pro instance associated with your domain, go to the Anti-DDoS Pro console Anti-DDoS Pro console and select . For more information, see Step 1: Add a website.
- Click OK and wait for the configuration to take effect.