This topic describes how to create an access key for a RAM user. An access key is a long-term credential for a RAM user. With an access key, a RAM user can access Alibaba Cloud resources by calling API actions or by using development tools.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- In the User Logon Name/Display Name column, click the name of the target RAM user.
- In the User AccessKeys section, click Create AccessKey.
Note You must enter a verification code if you are creating an access key for the first time.
- Click OK.
- The access key secret is displayed only once when you first create it. We recommend that you save the access key secret for subsequent use.
- If the access key is mistakenly disclosed or lost, you must create a new one. Currently, you can create a maximum of two access keys.