In the new API Gateway version released in 2019, the original
IP address-based access control,
backend signature, and
JWT (OpenId Connect)features are all integrated into the plug-in system.
Cross-origin resource access(CORS) and
cachingare two new features added in this version. You can implement these new features by configuring plug-ins. In the future, more plug-ins will be added to API Gateway, and the API editing interface will be cleaned up.
Plug-ins are available only in the following regions. They will become available in other regions soon.
- UK (London)
- UAE (Dubai)
- US (Virginia)
- US West 1 (Vilicon valley)
- You can only bind plug-ins of the same type to an API.
- Plug-ins are region-specific. You can bind a plug-in to an API in the same region as it. You can create a maximum of 500 plug-ins.
- Plug-ins and APIs are managed separately. A plug-in takes effect on an API only after the plug-in is bound to that API in the specified environment.
- You can bind plug-ins only to published APIs.
- The binding, unbinding, or update operations on plug-ins take effect immediately on their bound APIs. You do not need to republish these APIs. Some APIs may affect your business, we recommend that you test the plug-ins on a test API first.
- The operation of unpublishing an API does not affect its binding relationship with any plug-ins. The bound plug-ins take effect on the API again when the API is republished.
- Plug-ins that are bound to published or unpublished APIs cannot be deleted.
Log on to the API Gateway console and create a plug-in on the Plugin List page.
On the Plugin List page, bind the plug-in you created to a published API.
- The plug-in takes effect immediately after it is bound to the API.
Thank you for choosing Alibaba Cloud API Gateway. You can use the APIs described in this document to perform relevant operations on API Gateway.
- Createplugin: creates a plug-in.
- ModifyPlugin: modifies a plug-in.
- DeletePlugin: deletes a plug-in.
- DescribePlugins: queries details of plug-ins.
- AttachPlugin: binds the specified plug-in to an API.
- DetachPlugin: unbinds the specified plug-in from an API.
- DescribePluginApis: checks the APIs to which a specified plug-in is bound.
- DescirbePluginsByApi: checks the plug-ins bound to a specified API that is running in the specified environment.