Geo-blocking allows you to block access from specific regions based on IP address. For example, you can choose to block requests from 34 Chinese provincial regions and 7 international regions. Currently, this feature is only available to specific domains.
Assume that all normal requests to website example.aliyundemo.com are from 34 Chinese provincial regions. You can use Geo-blocking to block requests from international regions.
- To enable Geo-blocking for multiple domains, you must modify Geo-blocking status for each domain respectively.
- When Geo-blocking is enabled, Anti-DDoS Pro identifies and filters traffic based on the region where the traffic originates. This feature does not reduce the volume of traffic that enters Anti-DDoS Pro scrubbing centers.
- Log on to the new Anti-DDoS Pro console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select a domain, for example, example.aliyundemo.com. In the Geo-blocking section,
click the Status toggle to enable Geo-blocking for the selected domain.
- Click Change Settings. Select the regions that you want to block in the dialog box that appears. You can
select regions as follows to block traffic from international regions.
- Click OK and the configuration takes effect immediately.