This topic describes how you can build a Python development environment on a local computer to run Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) SDK for Python examples. Alibaba Cloud SDK for Python supports Python 2.7. To run VPC SDK for Python examples, you must install the core library of Alibaba Cloud SDK for Python and the VPC SDK for Python. The SDK for Python supports the Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. All VPC SDK for Python samples run on a Windows system.
- Install Python.
- Open the Python download web page.
- Download Python 2.7
Select and download the required installation package from the download list. The package version is in the python-XYZ.msi format and XYZ indicates the version number.
- Double-click the package to enter the Python installation wizard and use the default configurations to install Python.
- Set environment variables.
Add the python installation path and the directories of the PIP program in the Path field. Separate the directories with ;.
- In the Command Prompt window, run the
pythoncommand. The command output will resemble the following figure. When you enter the Python interactive environment, Python is installed on the computer.
Python 2.7.15 ( Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018, 16:30:26) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AM D64)] on win32
- Run the following command to install the core library of Alibaba Cloud SDK for Python.
- Run the following command to install
pip install aliyun-python-sdk-vpc