Release management is the configuration backend for upgrading the client to a new version, which allows you to create multi-task and multi-dimensional upgrade configuration.
Android release management provides the following functions:
- Add upgrade resources and provide the QR code of the download link.
- Create and modify the task of the new version resource package.
- Create multiple types of release tasks for added release packages, such as whitelist gray release, time-window gray release, and official release.
- Support upgrade filtering by multiple criteria, such as the city, model, device system version, network, and release package version.
Log in to the mPaaS console and complete the following steps:
- On the left navigation bar, choose Mobile Delivery Service > Release management. The release management list is displayed.
- Click Add a package, and complete the following configuration in the pop-up window:
- Platform: Select Android.
- Package: Upload a local
- Version: Enter the version number of this package, which contains digits and characters.
- Release description: Describe this release package. Optional.
- Download verification: When enabled, after the QR code is scanned, the package can be downloaded only after the verification code is verified.
Click OK. The new release package is displayed on the top of the list.Note: After the release package is added, a QR code is generated in the QR code column for users to download the
.apkrelease package. You can scan the QR code to download the release package to your phone.
- In the release management list, click the plus icon () in front of the release package to view the release task of the upgrade package:
- If the upgrade package has never been released, the status of the package is To be released, and there is no release task.
- If the upgrade package has been released, the status of the package is the release status of the latest task, and there are release tasks.
Perform the following steps to create a release task for the added release package:
- Locate the release package for which you want to create a release task.
- In the Operation column, click Create release task.
On the Create a release task page, select or enter the following information:
- Release type: You can select Gray release and Official release.
- Upgrade mode: You can select Single, Multiple, and Forced upgrade.
- Single: After the app is started, it displays an upgrade message based on the silent strategy. Note : Silent strategy means that after the upgrade reminder pops up, after the user cancelled it, the reminder will be in Silent state for a period of time, and no longer reminds the upgrade. The default silent period is 3 days, which can be customized. To customize the silent period, see setIntervalTime.
- Multiple: The app displays an upgrade message every time it is started. Users can close the message window.
- Forced upgrade: The app displays an upgrade message each time it is started, and the message window cannot be closed.
- Single: After the app is started, it displays an upgrade message based on the silent strategy.
- Release model (only when Gray release is selected): You can select Whitelist gray release and Time-window gray release.
- If you select Whitelist gray release, you can configure a whitelist below. Note: You can configure a whitelist on the Whitelist management page. For more information, see Manage whitelist.
- If you select Time-window gray release, you can set End time and Users count.
- If you select Whitelist gray release, you can configure a whitelist below.
- Upgrade prompt message: Specify a message to be displayed upon an upgrade. Optional.
- Release description: Describe this release. Optional.
- Advanced rule: For Gray release only. Click Add. In the displayed dialog box, select a rule type such as City, Device model, or Network in Type, set Operation type to Include or Exclude, and set Resource value corresponding to the type you selected.
- After completing the configuration, click OK. To view the release task that you have created, click the plus icon () on the left of the release package.
After creating a release task for the upgrade package, you can change the task status.
- In the release management list, click the plus icon () in front of the release package.
- Perform the following operation based on your needs:
- Click Pause to suspend the release task. To continue the task, click Continue.
- Click End to terminate the release task. After the task is terminated, you can no longer operate it.