Currently, Sensitive Data Discovery and Protection (SDDP) only supports the Pay-As-You-Go billing method.
The billing items for SDDP are as follows:
- Sensitive data identification for data sources of the database type and non-database type
- Data desensitization
SDDP is billed daily based on your usage. Within three hours after a billing cycle (that is, one day) ends, a Pay-As-You-Go bill is generated. The bill lists the usage and cost on that day.
- Sensitive data identification: Charges are based on the number of database tables and size of OSS objects scanned for the billing cycle (daily). For example, if the scanning of a table or object starts on one day but ends on the next day, the scanning charges of the table or object appears in the bill of the second day.
- Data desensitization: The charges for data desensitization appears on the billing cycle (day) when the desensitization task is completed.
|Billing item||Data source||Price (USD)||Billing unit|
|Sensitive data identification||MaxCompute or Relational Database Service (RDS)||0.6||Table|
|Object Storage Service (OSS)||0.6||GB|
|Data desensitization||MaxCompute, RDS, or OSS||0.5||100,000 cells|
- After SDDP is authorized to access a MaxCompute project, an RDS database, or an OSS bucket, SDDP scans all data in the project, database, or bucket. The fee for the full scan is calculated accordingly.
- After the full scan, SDDP re-scans the project, database, or bucket again only when the table schema changes in the project or database or objects change in the bucket. The fee for the re-scan is calculated accordingly.
- For OSS, the minimum data volume to be charged for each bucket is 0.1 GB. That is, when the total scanned data in a single bucket is less than 100 MB, the data volume is billed as 0.1 GB.
- 1 TB = 1024 GB.
A user has 180 tables stored in an RDS database. After SDDP is authorized to access the RDS database, SDDP scans all the 180 tables in the RDS database for sensitive data. The fee for the full scan is USD 108, which is calculated as follows: 180 × 0.6 = 108. On the next day, the user changes the schema of six tables in the RDS database. Then, SDDP re-scans these six tables. The fee for the re-scan is USD 3.6, which is calculated as follows: 6 × 0.6 = 3.6. By the end of the second day, the total fee charged for this user is USD 111.6, which is calculated as follows: 108 + 3.6 = 111.6.