You can configure the whitelist of your Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance. Only the IP addresses and ports added to the whitelist can access the Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance.
A Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance is purchased and deployed, and it is in the Running state.
- The whitelist can contain a maximum of 100 entries.
- You can add multiple IP addresses and CIDR blocks to each entry that you add to the whitelist. Separate multiple IP addresses and CIDR blocks with commas (,).
- You can remove or add a single entry from or to the whitelist.
- You can remove the last entry from the whitelist. Proceed with caution because you can no longer access the Message Queue for Apache Kafka instance by using ports within the port range in the last entry after you remove this entry.
Perform the following steps to add IP addresses or CIDR blocks to the whitelist of your instance:
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache Kafka console.
- In the Resource Distribution section of the Overview page, select the region where your instance resides.
- On the Instances page, click the name of the instance that you want to manage.
- In the Endpoint section of the Instance Details page, find the endpoint for which you want to configure the whitelist and click Edit Whitelist in the Actions column.
- In the Edit Whitelist of Endpoint panel, click Add IP Address to Whitelist, enter an IP address or a CIDR block, and then click OK.
What to do next
If you want to remove an IP address or a CIDR block from the whitelist, find the IP address or CIDR block and click Delete in the Edit Whitelist of Endpoint panel.