The data migration feature allows you to migrate data from your InfluxDB instance to an Alibaba Cloud TSDB for InfluxDB® instance. Before you migrate data from your own InfluxDB instance to TSDB for InfluxDB®, enable the data backup and recovery feature for your InfluxDB instance. Make sure that Alibaba Cloud can access the port for data backup and recovery.
- On the Data Migration page, click Add Migration Task.
- Enter the migration task name and source instance information.
- Task Name: supports uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and underscores (_).
- Host Name/IP Address: specifies the host name or IP address of the data source. The data migration feature supports only public IP addresses for this parameter. If your InfluxDB instance does not have a public IP address, apply for one.
- Data Access Port: specifies the port for data source access. In the configuration file of your InfluxDB instance, you can view the port specified in configuration item
bind-addressin the [http] section. Specify this port as the data access port.
- Data Backup Port: specifies the port for data backup. In the configuration file of your InfluxDB instance, you can view the port specified in global configuration item
bind-address. Specify this port as the data backup port. The default value of the configuration item is 127.0.0.1:8088, which cannot be accessed by public IP addresses. To ensure smooth data migration, set configuration item
bind-addressto an address that can be accessed by public IP addresses. For example, you can set the value to :8088, which indicates that the data backup port is 8088. After you modify the configuration file, restart the InfluxDB instance for the configuration to take effect. To secure your data, restore or comment out the setting of this configuration item after data migration is complete.
- Enable HTTPS: specifies whether to enable HTTPS.
Click Authorize Instance Access and Next and select the target database.
After you select the target database, click Migrate to add the database to Migrate Database. Then, click Prescreen in the lower-right corner. After the pre-check is complete, click Enable to start migrating data.
Wait until Progress becomes Finished.
InfluxDB® is a trademark registered by InfluxData, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, TSDB for InfluxDB®.