TSDB for InfluxDB® supports two types of database accounts: administrator and standard accounts. You can manage all accounts and databases in the console. For more information about the specific permissions of an account, see Accounts and permissions.
|Administrator||You can create and manage an administrator account in the console only.
You can create only one administrator account for each instance. The administrator account can manage all databases on the instance.
The administrator account cannot create new accounts or manage other accounts.
The administrator account has all permissions on all databases of the instance for which the account is created.
|Standard account||You can create and manage standard accounts in the console only.
You can create multiple standard accounts for each instance.
A standard account cannot create new accounts or manage other accounts.
You must grant permissions on specific databases to standard accounts in the console.
A standard account can perform read and write operations on the database that this account is authorized to manage.
- On the Accounts page, click Create.
The following figure shows the Accounts page.
- On the Create page that appears, set the account name and its password.
The following figure shows how to create an administrator account.
The following figure shows how to create a standard account.
- You can create an administrator account or a standard account. You can create only one administrator account for each TSDB for InfluxDB® instance.
- The account name must be up to 16 characters in length, and can contain lowercase letters, digits, and underscores (_). It must start with a letter and end with a letter or digit.
- The password must be 8 to 32 characters in length and, can contain three of the following types: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, and special characters. Special characters include exclamation points (!), at signs (@), number signs (#), dollar signs ($), percent signs (%), carets (^), ampersands (&), asterisks (*), parentheses (), underscores (_), plus signs (+), hyphens (-), and equal signs (=).
db_test account is created, the following page appears.
On the Accounts page, find the target account and click Delete.
- On the Databases page, click Create.
- On the Create page that appears, enter the database name. After the
mydbdatabase is created, the following page appears.
By default, the retention policy for a new database is
autogen. In this policy, the initial retention period is 0s, which indicates that data is permanently stored. You can click Storage Policy Management to modify the retention policy or create a new retention policy for the database.
On the Storage Policy Management page, click Create.
Create retention policy
oneday and set the retention period to 1 day.
If you want to change the retention period in retention policy
autogen to 2 hours, click Modify.
Set the retention period to 2 hours.
A retention policy specifies the retention period of data stored in TSDB for InfluxDB®. If no retention policy is specified when you read or write data, the default retention policy takes effect.
On the Databases page, find the target database and click Delete.
You can change the read and write permissions on databases for a specified standard account.
For example, you can grant read and write permissions on database
mydb, as shown in the following figure.
The administrator has all permissions on databases.
|Account type||Authorization type||Object||Permission|
|Standard account||Read and Write permissions||Database||SHOW DATABASES||USE (DATABASE)|
|Data operation||SELECT||INSERT||DELETE (FROM)||CARDINALITY||SHOW TAG KEY (EXACT) CARDINALITY|
|SHOW TAG VALUES (EXACT) CARDINALITY||SHOW FIELD KEY (EXACT) CARDINALITY||SHOW MEASUREMENT (EXACT) CARDINALITY||SHOW TAG KEYS||SHOW TAG VALUES|
|SHOW FIELD KEYS||SHOW QUERIES||EXPLAIN (ANALYZE)|
|Time series||SHOW SERIES||DROP SERIES||DROP SERIES|
|Continuous query||CREATE CONTINUOUS QUERY||DROP CONTINUOUS QUERY||SHOW CONTINUOUS QUERIES|
|Measurement||SHOW MEASUREMENTS||SHOW MEASUREMENT (EXACT) CARDINALITY|
|Retention policy||SHOW RETENTION POLICIES||DROP RETENTION POLICY|
InfluxDB® is a trademark registered by InfluxData, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, TSDB for InfluxDB®.