Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates Service allows you to revoke issued certificates and delete expired or revoked certificates. If you revoke a certificate, it is deregistered from the certificate authority (CA). After a certificate is revoked, it can no longer be used for encryption or used to verify trusted websites. If you delete a certificate, its resources are deleted from Alibaba Cloud SSL Certificates Service.
When do I need to revoke a certificate? What are the limits to revoke a certificate?
- The information that you specified to apply for a certificate is not correct, but the certificate is issued. In this case, you must revoke the certificate before you can resubmit the application with the correct information.
- A certificate is issued, but the domain names bound to the certificate need to be replaced.
- You no longer need a certificate.
- For security reasons, a certificate is no longer used.
No limits are imposed to revoke a certificate. You can place a revocation request at all times. For more information, see Revoke certificates.
What are the limits to delete a certificate?
- If a certificate does not expire, you cannot delete it until it is revoked.
- If a certificate expires, you can delete it at all times.
- If a certificate is manually deleted, you cannot delete it until it expires.