This topic describes how to add a destination-based route. After you add a destination-based route, you can forward traffic by using the specified destination IP address.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select the region of the target VPN Gateway.
- On the VPN Gateways page, find the target VPN Gateway and click the instance ID in the Instance ID/Name column.
- On the Destination-based Routing tab, click Add Route Entry.
- On the Add Route Entry page, configure a destination-based route, and then click OK. The following table describes the parameters.
Configuration Description Destination CIDR Block Enter the private CIDR block to be accessed. Next Hop Type Select IPsec Connection. Next Hop Select the target IPsec-VPN connection instance. Publish to VPC Select whether to publish the new route entry to the VPC route table.
Note If you select No, you must also publish the route entry in the destination-based route table after you add the destination-based route.
- Yes (Recommended): Publish the new route entry to the VPC route table.
- No: Do not publish the new route entry to the VPC route table.
Weight Select a weight. Valid values:
Note Destination-based routes with the same destination CIDR block cannot be configured with a weight of 100 at the same time.
- 100: high priority
- 0: low priority