This topic describes how to create a Cloud Paralleled File System (CPFS) file system in the Apsara File Storage NAS console.
- The CPFS service is activated.
When you log on to the NAS console for the first time, follow the instructions on the page to activate the CPFS service.
- NAS is authorized to access cloud resources.
If you are using CPFS for the first time, choose Go to authorization to assign the AliyunNASMangeENIRole role to NAS.. Then, click
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is available in the region where you want to create a file system. For more information, see Create a VPC network and a vSwitch.
- An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is available in the region where you want
to create a file system. The ECS instance is added to the VPC.
For more information, see Create an ECS instance.
- Log on to the NAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Create File System.. On the page that appears, click
- In the CPFS Parallel File Storage section, click Package Year.Package Year indicates the subscription billing method, which is used as an example. The subscription billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. If you want to use the pay-as-you-go billing method, click Pay-as-you-go.
- Set the parameters based on your business requirements.
Parameter Description Region Select the region where you want to create a file system.Note If the ECS instance and the file system reside in different regions, the ECS instance cannot access the file system. Zone Each region has multiple isolated locations that are known as zones. The power supply and network of each zone are independent. If the ECS instance and the file system reside in different zones of the same region, the ECS instance can access the file system.
Select a zone. We recommend that you set this parameter to the zone where the ECS instance resides. This prevents extra latency that is caused by cross-zone communication between the file system and the ECS instance.
Storage Type Select Advanced. An advanced CPFS file system uses solid-state drives (SSDs) as the storage devices. An advanced CPFS file system provide lower input/output (I/O) latency and higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) than a standard CPFS file system. Capacity Select a capacity based on your business requirements.Note You must estimate and specify the maximum capacity of the file system. If the used storage space exceeds the specified capacity, the error message "no space" is returned. VPC Network Select a VPC and a vSwitch.Note You must select the VPC where the ECS instance resides and select a vSwitch in the VPC. vSwitch Quantity You can purchase only one file system at a time. Order Duration Select the order duration based on your business requirements.Note
- The longer the duration, the more the discounts.
- You can renew the subscription in the Renewal Management Center.
After you purchase the CPFS file system, you can chooseto view the CPFS file system that is being created. The creation process takes about 10 minutes.