This topic describes how to create a Cloud Paralleled File System (CPFS) file system in the Apsara File Storage NAS console.
- The CPFS service is activated.
When you log on to the NAS console for the first time, activate CPFS as prompted.
- NAS is authorized to access cloud resources.
If you use CPFS for the first time, choose Go to authorization to assign the AliyunNASMangeENIRole role to NAS.. Then, click
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is available in the region where you want to create a CPFS file system. For more information, see Create a VPC and a vSwitch.
- An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is available in the region where you want to create a file system. The ECS instance is added to the VPC.
For more information, see Create an ECS instance.
- The information of the region where the CPFS file system is used and the user ID are submitted to the CPFS team. The permissions required to configure the whitelist of the CPFS file system are granted. For information about region and user ID, .
- Log on to the NAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Create File System. . On the page that appears, click
- In the CPFS Parallel File Storage section, click Subscription.
Subscription indicates the subscription billing method. In this example, the subscription billing method is used. It is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. If you want to use the pay-as-you-go billing method, click Pay-as-you-go.
- Set the parameters based on your business requirements.
Parameter Description Region Select the region where you want to create a CPFS file system.Note If the ECS instance and the file system reside in different regions, the ECS instance cannot access the file system. Zone Each region consists of multiple isolated locations that are known as zones. The power supply and network of each zone are independent. If the ECS instance and the file system reside in different zones of the same region, the ECS instance can access the file system.
Select a zone. We recommend that you select the zone where the ECS instance resides. This prevents additional latency that is caused by cross-zone communication between the file system and the ECS instance.
Type Valid values: 100 MB/s/TiB baseline and 200 MB/s/TiB baseline.
If the same capacity is configured, the 200 MB/s/TiB baseline type offers a higher network bandwidth. For more information, see What is CPFS?.
Capacity Select a capacity based on your business requirements.Note You must estimate and specify the maximum capacity of the file system. If the used storage space exceeds the specified capacity, the error message "no space" is returned. VPC Select a VPC and a vSwitch.Note You must select the VPC where the ECS instance resides and select a vSwitch in the VPC. vSwitch Quantity You can purchase only one file system at a time. Duration Select the duration based on your business requirements.Note
- The longer the duration, the more the discount.
- You can renew the subscription in the Renewal Management Center.
After you purchase the CPFS file system, you can chooseto view the CPFS file system that is being created. The file system is created after about 10 minutes.