This topic describes how to create a Cloud Paralleled File System (CPFS) file system in the Apsara File Storage NAS console.
Before you create a CPFS file system, the following prerequisites must be met:
- The CPFS service is activated.
When you log on to the NAS console for the first time, follow the instructions on the page to activate the CPFS service.
- NAS is authorized to access cloud resources.
If you are using CPFS for the first time, choose Go to authorization to create and assign the AliyunNASMangeENIRole role to NAS.. Then, click
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is available in the region where you want to create a file system. For more information about how to create a VPC and VSwitch, see Create an IPv4 VPC.
- An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance is available in the region where you want
to create a file system. The ECS instance is added to the VPC.
For more information, see Create an ECS instance.
- Log on to the NAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Create File System.. On the page that appears, click
- In the CPFS Parallel File Storage section, click Package Year.
Package Year indicates the storage plan billing method. In this example, the storage plan billing method is used. The storage plan billing method is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. If you want to use the pay-as-you-go billing method, click Pay-as-you-go.
- Set the parameters based on your business requirements.
Parameter Description Region Select the region where you want to create a file system.Note If an ECS instance and a file system reside in different regions, the ECS instance cannot access the file system. Zone Each region has multiple isolated locations that are known as zones. The power supply and network of each zone are independent. An ECS instance can access a file system in the same region but different zones.
Select a zone. We recommend that you select the zone where the ECS instance resides. This avoids extra latency for cross-zone communication between the file system and the ECS instance.
Storage Type Valid values: Standard and Advanced
CPFS file systems of the Advanced type use solid-state drives (SSDs) as the storage devices. CPFS file systems of this type provide lower input/output (I/O) latency and higher input/output operations per second (IOPS) than those of the Standard type.
Bandwidth Select the bandwidth based on your business requirements. Capacity Select the capacity based on your business requirements.Note You must estimate and specify the maximum capacity of the file system. If the used storage space exceeds the specified capacity, the error message “no space” is returned. VPC Network Select a VPC and a VSwitch.Note You must select the VPC where the ECS instance resides and select a VSwitch in the VPC. VSwitch Quantity You can purchase only one file system at a time. Order Duration Select the order duration based on your business requirements.Note
- The longer the duration, the more the discounts.
- You can renew the storage plan in the Renewal Management Center.
After the CPFS file system is purchased, chooseto view the CPFS file system. The file system is being created. The creation process takes about 10 minutes.