This topic describes the typical scenarios of Resource Management.
Deploy resources and accounts by business
A resource directory enables you to create a folder hierarchy that matches your business needs and place your accounts and resources in the most suitable locations.
If your enterprise has multiple accounts and a large number of cloud resources on Alibaba Cloud, you can use a resource directory to manage the resources and accounts in a unified manner. This helps you:
- Manage and control resources for safe production management based on the organizational structure for the branches and departments of your enterprise, such as resource configuration, access permission management, and operation tracking.
- Manage and control projects based on your business needs, such as unified settlement, unified billing, and project auditing.
Define a hierarchical model for cloud resources
- With multiple Alibaba Cloud accounts: You can isolate different application projects, business systems, or IT environments such as development and production environments.
- With one Alibaba Cloud account:
- You can create multiple resource groups and authorize an administrator for each resource group. Administrators can then manage users, permissions, and cloud resources in their authorized resource groups.
- You can view billing statements by resource group.
Plan a management structure for Alibaba Cloud accounts and resources
- When you migrate your enterprise data to the cloud, you can use resource groups to
design a simple management structure for your Alibaba Cloud accounts and resources.
- Scenario 1: Use Alibaba Cloud accounts to isolate IT environments and use resource groups to isolate the resources used by various applications.
- Scenario 2: Use Alibaba Cloud accounts to isolate the resources used by various applications, and use resource groups to isolate resources between the modules within an application.
- For a large enterprise with complex organizational relationships, create a resource directory to build an organizational structure for the resources of the enterprise. This helps manage accounts, enhance O&M, meet strict industry requirements, and improve security.