This topic describes how to add a policy-based route entry after an IPsec-VPN connection is created. Policy-based routing (PBR) is a technique that routes packets based on source and destination IP addresses.
- Log on to the VPN gateway console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- Select the region where the VPN gateway is deployed.
- On the VPN Gateways page, find the target VPN gateway and click the instance ID in the Instance ID/Name column.
- Click the Policy-based Routing tab, and then click Add Route Entry.
- In the Add Route Entry dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Destination CIDR Block The CIDR block that you want to access. Source CIDR Block The CIDR block of the VPC network. Next Hop Type Select IPsec Connection. Next Hop Select an IPsec instance to create an IPsec-VPN connection. Publish to VPC Specify whether to automatically publish new route entries to the VPC route table.
Note If you select No, you must manually publish new route entries to the VPC route table.
- Yes (Recommended): automatically publishes new route entries to the VPC route table.
- No: does not automatically publish new route entries to the VPC route table.
Weight Select a weight. Valid values:
Note If two policy-based route entries are configured with the same destination CIDR block, you cannot set the weights of both route entries to 100.
- 100: indicates that the priority of the route entry is high.
- 0: indicates that the priority of the route entry is low.