This topic describes what you need to prepare before migration.
Google Cloud Storage
- Estimate the amount of data to be migrated.
- Create the private key of a service account for a migration job.
- Log on to the IAM & admin console.
- Select Service accounts in the left-side navigation pane. Click a project in the top navigation bar, and on the tab that appears, select the required project.
- Click CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT to create a service account that has the read permission of the bucket to be migrated.
In the Create service account wizard that appears, specify the settings based on your
needs. In Step 3, click CREATE KEY, and select JSON as the key type. Click CREATE to download the JSON file. Click CLOSE. Click DONE.
Note For an existing service account, click the service account name and choose JSON as the key type and choose .. Select
Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS)
- Create an OSS bucket
Create a destination OSS bucket to store the migrated data. For more information, see Create a bucket.
- Create and authorize a RAM user
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Select Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access, and then enter the required RAM user information.
- Click OK to save the generated RAM username, password, AccessKey ID, and AccessKey Secret.
- Find the RAM user, and click Add Permissions to grant the OSS read/write permission (AliyunOSSFullAccess) and Data Transport management permission (AliyunMGWFullAccess) to the RAM user. The following figure shows the authorization page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select Overview, click the link in the RAM user logon section, and enter the username and password of the new RAM user to log on to the console.