A high-availability virtual IP address (HAVIP) is a private IP address that can be created and released as an independent resource. This topic describes how to create an HAVIP in the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) console.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click HaVip Addresses.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create the HAVIP.For more information about regions that support HAVIPs, see Feature release and supported regions.
- On the HaVip Addresses page, click Create HaVip Address.
- In the Create HaVip Address dialog box, set the following parameters and click OK.
Parameter Description Region Displays the region where you want to create the HAVIP. VPC Select the VPC to which the HAVIP that you want to create belongs. VSwitch Select the vSwitch to which the HAVIP belongs. VSwitch CIDR Block Displays the CIDR block of the vSwitch. Private IP Address Specify a private IP address for the HAVIP.Note You must specify an idle private IP address that falls within the CIDR block of the vSwitch.