To manage billing statements by resource group after you create your resource groups, you can create cost centers and allocate the resource groups to the cost centers.
A gaming company (Company A) has three gaming projects under development. Each project requires multiple types of cloud resources. Company A has only one Alibaba Cloud account but more than 100 Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances under this account.
The finance department of Company A wants each project to receive separate bills.
- Create resource groups.
- Create cost centers.
- In the top navigation bar, click Expenses to go to the User Center console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the navigation tree, click Add to create cost centers. Note To simplify management, the names of the cost centers and resource groups can be the same.
- Map resource groups to cost centers.
- In the navigation tree, click Resources Not Allocated. The right-side section then shows all resources that are not allocated.
- Filter the resources by Resource Group to show all resources in a resource group. Select all the resources and click Allocate.Notice The information of resource groups is not synchronized to cost centers in real time. If you add a resource to a resource group for the first time or change the resource group to which a resource belongs, you can view the information of the resource group in the related cost center about two days later.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a cost center and click OK.
- In the navigation tree, click the cost center name to view all resources that belong to the cost center.
- View billing statements by cost center.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the User Center console, click Bill. On the page that appears, click the Details tab.
- Filter the billing statements by cost center to view the billing statements of each resource group.