To manage billing statements by resource group after you create resource groups, you can create cost centers and map the resource groups to the cost centers.
A gaming company (Company A) has three gaming projects under development. Each project requires multiple types of cloud resources. Company A has only one Alibaba Cloud account but more than 100 Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances within this account.
The finance department of Company A wants each project to receive separate bills.
- Create resource groups.
- Create cost centers.
- In the top navigation bar, click Expenses to go to the User Center.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the navigation tree, click Add to create cost centers. Note To simplify management, the names of the cost centers can be the same as those of the resource groups.
- Map resource groups to cost centers.
- In the navigation tree, click Resources Not Allocated. All the resources that are not allocated are then displayed in the right-side section.
- Filter the resources by resource group to show all the resources in a resource group. Select all the resources and click
Allocate in the lower part of the page. Notice The information of resource groups is not synchronized to cost centers in real time. If you add resources to a resource group for the first time or have changed the resource group to which a resource belongs, you can view the information of the resource group in the related cost center about two days later.
- In the dialog box that appears, select a cost center and click OK.
- In the navigation tree, click the cost center name to view all the resources that are allocated to the cost center.
- View billing statements by cost center.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the User Center, click Spending Summary.
- On the page that appears, click the Details tab. On this tab, filter billing statements by cost center to view the billing statements of each resource group.