This topic describes the Live Streaming function of Alibaba Cloud CDN. If your website or application provides live streaming content in RTMP, HLS, or FLV format, you can use this function to accelerate the content distribution.
Live Streaming is suitable for websites and vertical industry portals that provide live streaming content such as interactive online education and live game, show, or event broadcasts.
Live Streaming has become an independent Alibaba Cloud product named ApsaraVideo Live. ApsaraVideo Live provides a wide range of functions and services including uplink bitrate adaptation, narrowband HD encoding, screenshot, recording, and time-shifting to streamline stream ingest, encoding, distribution, and playback. You can purchase ApsaraVideo Live and Alibaba Cloud CDN in a service package to reduce the overall cost.
Live Streaming helps you to resolve the following issues:
- Live videos freeze from time to time.
- Video resources are susceptible to theft.
- No mechanisms are provided to review video content.
Required Alibaba Cloud functions
- Stream ingest acceleration: This function enables videos to be ingested to the CDN nodes in the best conditions, ensuring uplink transmission performance and hence reducing issues such as freeze and slow stream distribution.
- Video acceleration: Massive CDN nodes comprise a top-ranking multiline BGP network that features low latency, low freeze rate, 98% smoothness, and PB-level storage capabilities in the event of tens of million concurrent requests.
- Content encryption: A wide range of URL authentication and HTTPS protocols are used to protect video content against theft.
- Video AI: This function automatically reviews video content to identify images and audios that violate local laws or regulations.